Coming up... The next Zentangle® FUNdamentals class will be from 2 to 4"30 pm on Saturday, November 14th. In addition, below are listed other upcoming classes, both FUNdamentals and Beyond the Basics, now through December.
Class times vary depending on the class content. Minimum class length is 2 hours, with most running 2.5 hours.
The class fees for both the FUNdamentals and most Beyond the Basics classes are $35 (unless noted otherwise), and the fee includes supplies.
Note: The FUNdamentals (formerly 101 Basics) class is a prerequisite for all Beyond the Basics classes. Once you've completed FUNdamentals, browse the Beyond the Basics class opportunities and pick any that catch your interest.
- September 26, 2 to 4:30 pm - Zentangle® FUNdamentals - Learn basics including how to start, what materials to use, the philosophy behind the method, and official patterns to tangle.
- October 3, 2 to 4:30 pm - Zentangle® FUNdamentals
- October 17, 1 to 5 pm - Beyond the Basics - "Grow an Organic Tangle Garden" - $45 - This 4-hour class includes an opportunity to learn several "organic" tangles and then plant your own tangle garden. This class runs a little longer to allow time to add some organic tangles to your tool box and then have time to grow your garden. Wondering what an Organic Tangle Garden is? Here's a photo of a Tangle Garden work-in-progress. Want to join us in class?
- November 14, 2 to 4:30 pm - Zentangle® FUNdamentals
- December 5, 2 to 4:30 pm - Beyond the Basics - "Made to Shade" - **$50, includes supplies and your own copy of "Made to Shade" book by Cris Letourneau - Focuses on shading tools and options. This exploration of shading has been high on the requested class list. Make your reservation today!
All classes will be held in the Woodinville, WA, area. Space is limited, so sign up soon to save your seat in class! Contact me at arupley55 (at) gmail (dot) com with the date of the class for which you would like to register and your contact information. A PayPal invoice will be sent to you and your payment will confirm your registration and hold your space in class.
General class FAQs, special sessions, and related stuff
Come to a class and learn how to put pen to paper, drawing each stroke deliberately, concentrating on the experience without concern for the outcome. You will be amazed at what you are able to create "...one stroke at a time.™ " No previous art experience required, and no (perceived) artistic talent necessary!
I teach part-time, generally weekends, for both small and large classes. For the smaller classes, I both set specific dates AND form "pick-up" classes, as needed, when I'm contacted by interested individuals. Email me at arupley55(at)gmail.com if you are interested in taking a class.
Birthday parties or other special occasion classes for all ages are also possible. Contact me for details.
Zentangle® - Beyond the Basics
Class instruction time ranges from 2 to 4 hours per session depending on subject matter. Instruction fee includes most necessary class supplies (you'll want to bring your FUNdamentals starter bag with you).
I offer a series of Beyond the Basics classes, ranging from learning additional tangles and tangle enhancers or working with a theme (such as organic tangles or "on the grid") to working with alternative tools and surfaces or creating Zentangle-inspired mandalas.
Zentangle® 4 Kids - (Also makes a great birthday party idea!)
For elementary through junior high age. (Older teens will do well with the Zentangle® FUNdamentals.) Class instruction time is approximately 2 hours per session. Instruction fee includes basic starter supplies designed for younger tanglers.